2018 IVF World Club Championships, Tahiti – New Zealand Club Qualification Process is as follows:
Quota = 6 Teams per division
(W12 for each above Division, Quota = 3 teams per division )
· Online Intent process is now open for clubs to
submit their intent to trial to participate at the 2018 IVF World Club
· The intent process will require the club to register
a team and category/ies. No paddler names will be required for this
registration of intent.
- Please note that the name of the team needs to be the same team name that they use when they enter the Sprint Nationals in 2018.
The intent form is attached to this panui.
· The intent must be accompanied by the Entry Fee to
the World Club Championships ($140 per paddler/$840 per team) This fee is only
refundable if there are more than 6 teams that register intent and your team
does not qualify. If the team qualifies, then this amount will be used as their
Entry Fee to the IVF.
Intent and fee due by 30th October 2017
· If there are fewer than six (6) teams W6 and three
(3) teams W12 that register intent, then those club teams that register intent
are confirmed as the teams in that category/event that will compete in the 2018
World Club Championships.
· Intents must be registered and signed off by clubs,
not by individual teams.
· If there are more than six (6) teams W6 and
three (3) teams W12 that register intent, then the final of that event at
the 2018 New Zealand National Waka Ama Sprints will the first step in
determining the six (6) teams that will fill the quota.
· The first six (6) teams & three (3) teams W12 across the line will qualify their club for the option to fill the quota. If the quota is not filled then the next fastest qualifiers down to semi-finals will be given the option. A club will have the option to fill as many quota spots as they choose, relevant to how many teams they have in the top six (6) W6 or top three (3) W12.
· Teams must qualify in both 500m, 1000 /1500 W6, W12
and turns races separately. (So it is possible that a club may choose to go to
the World Club Championships to do one event only).
· After teams have qualified, the club has until 30
January 2018 to confirm that they are taking up the spot.
· After 30 January 2018, should a club choose not to
take up their spot, then it will be offered to the team that came next in that
· The next team/s in that event have until
5 February 2018 to take up the vacant spot.
· After 5 February 2018, if the vacant spot is
not taken up, then it will be offered to a team in another event that may not
have qualified in this event (e.g. if a team qualifies in the 500m and not in
· Club qualifies a waka, not the people in it. – So
the paddlers can change but must still be on their club’s member roster
· Clubs will need to sign off that all paddlers are
members of that club by the deadline time for entries to the world
· Teams will be
representing their Club as part of the New Zealand contingent and should wear
their Club Uniform to compete at the World Championship
· Clubs will arrange all travel and accommodation
arrangements for representative teams.. Waka Ama New Zealand will manage entries only.
· As per IVF Rules only three (3) Elite team paddlers can paddle in any one club team W6 and six (6) Elite team paddlers can paddle in any one club team W12. The Club would need to EITHER source three (3) other paddlers for their team (six (6) for W12) OR decline the spot at the World Club Championships.
V1 events will happen throughout the week. The New Zealand Quota will be filled
from results of finals at the Waka Ama Sprint Nationals 2018.
Paddlers will only be able to qualify in 1 age category for V1
Should you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org