The purpose of Te Rōpū Whaikaha is to:
- Provide an opportunity for tāngata whaikaha to voice their own experiences and perspectives on waka ama in New Zealand and advocate on behalf of the Waka Ama tāngata whaikaha membership.
- Inform, advise, and provide feedback and insights to Waka Ama NZ Staff and the Board from a tāngata whaikaha perspective
- Advocate on behalf of the Waka Ama tāngata whaikaha membership throughout New Zealand
- Create and implement a Rautaki Whaikaha (Disability Plan) for Waka Ama in Aotearoa in collaboration with Waka Ama NZ
- Where necessary, provide delivery assistance for the Rautaki Whaikaha
Terms of Reference
Waka Ama NZ has drafted the terms of reference* which can be found attached at the bottom of this page
*Please note these terms of reference are a draft and will be confirmed and formally adopted once the rōpū is established.
Expressions of Interest
We are now seeking expressions of interest from those who wish to be a part of this rōpū. In order to be eligible for consideration individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Can work with other people and in a team
- Be proactive and committed to representing their perspectives
- Be approachable and an effective communicator
- Commit to the meeting schedule (between 4 to 6 a year)
- Attend at least three of the four meetings per year
- Be able to travel to attend meetings and relevant activities (if required)
The expression of interest (EOI) form can be found here:
EOI's will close on Monday 16th of October. Once the EOI submissions are closed, a Waka Ama NZ sub-committee made up of WANZ Staff, the WANZ Board and external members will confirm the rōpū members.
If you require any further information or have any questions, please contact [email protected]